Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kids

     Kids really irk me off sometimes. The way they go around doing whatever they please finds its place into the infamous blog of pet peeves. It's the kids without supervision that I like to freak out. Two days ago I was at McDonald's when two little girls (I presume sisters) frolicked about the door; that golden arches gateway leading into edible heaven. Not realizing one would run into the glass entrance simultaneously as I open it, I had my first encounter with these two oddly curious creatures. After exchanging a one-sided apology, I continued to purchase delicious value menu items, the hideous monsters again irritated my pleasant visit to the Mecca of cardiac arrest and arterial blockage. As one goblin's golden hair glistened in the sunlight, she made eye contact with me. With apparently no supervision and having ruined my post extra curricular activity snack meal, I took it upon myself to embezzle the childish sparkle in her eye by staring at her with a stern and overall intimidating look on my face. It seems this mutual stare caught her in a trance and I delighted in the motion of her smile slowly turning to a frown and then a wailing cry. Success. I conquered my pet peeve.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree! Can parents control their children anymore? Yesterday, I was at Hobby Lobby with my mom picking out home decor. There was this family there with like a million children (probably only 5), and their kids were running all over the place! I was afraid that they were going to knock over an entire display of glass objects! Those kids drove me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with this post! I find it so annoying when young kids stare at adults for no reason! I also dislike it when they are rampantly running around a store with what appears to be little or no supervision. I feel like some parents should invest in leashes.

    ReplyDelete